Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface and volume

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SeattleCADD
1176 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor surface and volume

Can anyone please take a look at this drawing!

It is a simple Civil 3D DRAWING

I have built a corridor, but when I get a surface from this corridor, nothing happens.  How do I get a volume between the corridor and EG?

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: SeattleCADD

See attached.

After that you create a TIN volume surface and chuck the two surfaces into that and voila! One volume on a plate.  Smiley Very Happy

HTH

Nathan Bartholomew | CAD/Civil Designer | CPG New Zealand Ltd
WELLINGTON | AUCKLAND | NEW ZEALAND
A Downer EDI company.

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

You must add data to the surface....on the Surface Tab in the corridor properties, after you create the surface, use the Add Data portion of that tab to add Links, Featurelines, or both. THEN you will have a workable surface. Right now you just have a surface with no data.

This is covered in Exercise 1 of Corridor Tutorials: Viewing and rendering a Corridor.....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
SeattleCADD

Thanks!!! I have another question about the volume surface.

On this drawing, somehow the volume surface is just calculate the cut volume only, not the fill volume. When I check the fill volume, it is not right. It is much higher than the number it listed. Do you know why???

On the proposed profile, I tried to adjust the fill and cut about the same volume (my designer wanted) but when I check the volume surface, they are big different.

Could you please spend a couple minutes to look at the file and let me know what is wrong. Like I said at the beginning, I am very new with C3D.

Thanks much!

Message 5 of 5
Jeff_M

You used the DaylightCut as your boundary definition, so the corridor surface stops at the cut/fill transition. Go back to the corridor surface properties, delete the boundary, add a new one using the Automatically option, select the Daylight option. Then rebuild the Volume surface.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report