Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Corridor surface-Canal design

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
366 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor surface-Canal design

Hi

I want to workout earthworks volume for a canal design. I have made a subassembley from polyline and assigned codes for links and points in my subassembly.

Then I made a corridor based on this subassebely. Now I want to create a surface for this corridor for earthworks calculation. First  I used the the datum to create my surface But the program created a wrong surface. Then I used all links and daylights to create a surface (I added all links and right and left daylight). This time, It seemed Civil3d create the correct surface. Then I made a surface with all links and datum (I did not use the daylights). The program create the same surface as the second try( links and daylight).

why does not civil3d create a correct surface if I just choose datum for my surface?

why there is no difference between surfaces which are created by using( links and datum) and (links and daylights)?

Cheeers.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

The corridor links option creates surface TIN points at the ends of all links with the appropriate code - Datum in this case.  Please note, unless you turn on the breakline option ONLY the points are created in the surface and TIN lines might connect across the sections.  If you add the daylight featurelines to the surface then those are automatically used as breaklines in the surface.

Most of the time you can create a good surface using links with the breakline option turned on.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā