Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor slope markings, must be an easier way

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wilsonm2000
1141 Views, 7 Replies

Corridor slope markings, must be an easier way

Hi guys

Trying to add slope markings on my corridors, and the only way I can find is to do it in the Corridor properties > Slope markings, then click add slope pattern, which asks you to select featurelines top and bottom of slope.  Surely there is a way to simply switch on or off slope markings where in cut or fill?  Can someone please help me here?  Thank you 🙂

Martin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wilsonm2000
in reply to: wilsonm2000

Just to add, when I do select featurelines, I am getting an error on the command line saying "Not a valid feature line."  very frustrating 😞  they are definitaley featurelines, as I can change the style of them in the corridor properties.

Message 3 of 8
neilyj666

@wilsonm2000 wrote:

Hi guys

Trying to add slope markings on my corridors, and the only way I can find is to do it in the Corridor properties > Slope markings, then click add slope pattern, which asks you to select featurelines top and bottom of slope.  Surely there is a way to simply switch on or off slope markings where in cut or fill?  Can someone please help me here?  Thank you 🙂

Martin

Pretty sure there is no other way - but there should be a simpler way as you suggest

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 8
wilsonm2000
in reply to: neilyj666

😞 just makes it so complicated.  The corridors on Civil 3D need a LOT of work to be improved to a decent level.  You cannot even change the feature line styles of the corridors universally, you need to go inot each corridors properties to update these, crazy.  So time consuming.

Message 5 of 8
neilyj666

Absolutely - I've said before and I'll say it again that Autodesk seem to be more focussed on the "whizzbang all singing all dancing" products (as well as products for the Mac..!!!) rather than enhancing the fucntionality of the basic product that produces the quantities

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
wilsonm2000

Very frustrating.  I wonder if this is where the likes of PDS wins over.  Ok, it isnt as pretty to look at, but hey, it gets the job done, and doesnt have these silly things that take up so much time to do, when it should be a few clicks.

Message 7 of 8
neilyj666

I guess Autodesk would respond by saying that they provide the necessary API tools for developers to write their own routines such as this......but that presupposes that one has the time/inclination to do it.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
wilsonm2000

I wouldnt even know where to start with that, lol!  I just want to model!!  And thats why the company i work for pays the millions they do to Autodesk, so we have the facility to model, everything should be there for me to use efficiantly.  When I see things like this, I wonder if they deliberately put things like this into the packages, so they have something to update later on, surely with the corridor feature line problem, they knew this woiuld be an issue when you have multiple corridors in a drawing.  An excuse for them to charge millions for the next version, where the next version "solves" the issue.  Or maybe I am just cynical 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report