Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor sections xref problems

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
csevers
4758 Views, 23 Replies

Corridor sections xref problems

I have a corridor model I have created in one drawing. In that drawing I have my alignment, profile, and corridor. In another drawing I have referenced in my corridor and alignment and I cut and created sections in this drawing. Everything up to this point is working fine. The sections look good, the corridor looks good, etc. Now when I go to xref those sections into my actual sheets, I run into problems. Half of my corridor does not show up. I have attached screen shots of what my section looks like it the drawing it was created, and in the drawing it is xref'd into. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong! I have tried sampling at all intervals, so I know that's not the issue. 

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
david.zavislan
in reply to: csevers

I have had this problem when the corridor drawing is xrefed into the cross section drawing, which is then xrefed into cross section sheet drawings.

Open the original cross section drawing and change the reference type of the corridor xref from Overlay to Attach.  Save the cross section drawing and reload its reference in the sheet drawings.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 22 of 24
csevers
in reply to: david.zavislan

You are an absolute genius. Thank you! 

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 23 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: csevers

Hmmmm, that's exactly what I posted on the 11-18, xrefs as attachments, makes a difference.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 24 of 24
csevers
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I see that now, the bold font and brevity of David's post makes a world of difference. I didn't ralize you were saying that the xref had to be an attachement, not an overlay. I thought you were just explaining your workflow.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report