Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor not fully showing in cross sections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
663 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor not fully showing in cross sections

I'm trying to separete corridor from cross sections. In cross section file I dararef alignment and xref the corridor, then creat sample lines from corridor stations and after that  creat section views, everything is ok but my cross sections in spiral only doesn't show whole corridor. When I make the cross sections in the same file with  corridor everything is ok. Someone to help?

Here pictures 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

Just recently, there was another post in which the OP had a corridor that looked good at the locations within "regular" baseline areas but then in areas of a spiral, the non-daylighting portions (pavement box and the like) showed but anything that was supposed to target the surface would not draw.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

If you talk about this Section view not displaying corridor I didn't find solution in this post

Message 4 of 5
doni49

Yep that's the thread.  Sorry I don't have any more news than that.  Let's hope someone has come up with a work around since that thread was started (I hadn't realized that was an old thread -- I thought it was recent and nobody had resolved it).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 5
aleepierce

I had a similar problem where parts of my corridor weren't showing up at oddball stations. Even stations (1+00, 2+00, etc.) were fine. I went back to my corridor base drawing and sampled at the exact stations in the corridor model by adding them manually in the frequency dialog box for those regions. Then, I went back to the working drawing with my sections and reloaded the corridor base reference. Still no joy. Then, I snapped the sample line, using the grip, to that exact frequency line in the referenced corridor, and BAM! All good!

Please note that osnaps didn't work on the region sample lines in the referenced corridor. I actually had to go back to the corridor base drawing, draw a polyline from the intersection of the alignment and sample line, then copy with base point and paste that polyline into my section view drawing. I snapped to that when moving my sample line. A little inconvienient addition to the workflow, but at least MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! This was going to destroy my entire workflow if I couldn't get it going.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report