Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor not fully showing in cross sections

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
JeremyUF
4825 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor not fully showing in cross sections

I have been trying to troubleshoot this all day with no success.

I have a corridor with two baselines, one on the south side of the road, and one on the north side.  The south baseline appears correctly in the section view.  It is an asphalt bike trail with a ditch to the left side.  The north baseline was not appearing at all.  The assembly was just a ditch with nothing else.  I changed the north baseline to use the same assembly as the south to troubleshoot.  The pavement comes in, but the ditch still does not appear.

I can see the ditch feature lines on my corridor (see attached), but they are not appearing in the section view.

Any ideas??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.zavislan
in reply to: JeremyUF

This is occurring because your sample lines do not line up with the corridor sections on the north side. I am assuming that you are using 2012 or 2013 versions of Civil 3D.  These versions will display subassembly shapes in sections when the sample lines do not line up exactly with corridor's sections (frequency).  However, subassembly links will not show up. 

If you can't get the sample lines to align with the corridor's sections, a work around is to create  a surface from the links, and then sample surface sections from it. 

Another option is to use subassemblies with shapes, and set their depth to very small values.  For example, enabling the place lined material options on some of the daylight subassemblies will create shapes on the daylight slopes.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report