Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor model editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JoaoMM
119 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor model editor

Hi!!.

I would like to know is Autodesk is thinking in develop a true corridor editor (like Land/Civil) that turn possible change the parameters of corridor manually ??

In past i use land/civil and i this case I have a possibility to change manually the section, for example distances for transition points, superelevation, etc.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JoaoMM

JoaoMM wrote: > Hi!!. > > I would like to know is Autodesk is thinking in develop a true corridor editor (like Land/Civil) that turn possible change the parameters of corridor manually ?? > > In past i use land/civil and i this case I have a possibility to change manually the section, for example distances for transition points, superelevation, etc. you can change your pavement widths in with the region stuff. But as far as being able to use the 'classic' autocad tools (trim, extend, copy, stretch, etc) c3d doesn't let you modify your corridor. From what I can tell, the most efficient way to do a small project is to crank out the road corridor, export the surface, make it create contours, tweak them however you want, then recreate another surface from those contours. Now granted, this doesn't save any time, is less accurate, and sure feels a lot like land desktop, and perhaps there is a way to make the corridor do what you want, but usually it is quicker to just draft the contours, and move on. numa
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JoaoMM

Civil 3D 2006 adds the ability to edit the parameters in a subassembly at a specific station or range of stations. For example, you can change the slope, ditch width, road width, etc. In R2005, you can only "view" sections along the corridor. With R2006, you now have the ability to View AND Edit. There will be a webcast on April 8 that covers the changes. We also covered this briefly in the webcast that we presented last week (3/18). 4/8 - Civil 3D 2006 Corridor Modeling/Super Elevation Enhancements Presenter: Kevin Stewart, Civil Product Line Manager This webcast session will be an overview of the automatic superelevation calculations for an alignment in Civil 3D 2006. It includes an overview of the Superelevation Properties UI, the different types of roadways that can be handled, shoulder superelevation, and customization of superelevation tables in the Roadway Design Standards file. Thanks Dave Simeone "JoaoMM" wrote in message news:24657073.1111254867980.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi!!. > > I would like to know is Autodesk is thinking in develop a true corridor > editor (like Land/Civil) that turn possible change the parameters of > corridor manually ?? > > In past i use land/civil and i this case I have a possibility to change > manually the section, for example distances for transition points, > superelevation, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report