Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor missing triangles error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
trevj
1175 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor missing triangles error

I'm doing a small design for a footway/cycleway across an embankment behind an existing retaining wall with a tie-in to an existing car park.

• H-alignment done (LHS edge alignment, chainages working from west to east)
  • H-alignment target extents to retaining wall
  • V-alignment done, with target to RHS offset design levels beyond crest and into car park
  • Combined surface created by pasting existing ground and finished top surface (shown in contours).
  • Some anomalies corrected by swapping edges in the EG surface.

As can be seen, I appear to be missing triangles from the design corridor.

I'd be very grateful for any advice about what I should experiment with in order to improve the corridor model. This will improve the accuracy of the earthworks calculations. Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: trevj

Thats some frequency Smiley Wink

Have you verified all targets for all regions?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
sboon

It looks like you might have a boundary problem that is causing triangles to be deleted.  How is the surface boundary defined?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 7
trevj
in reply to: sboon

Thanks for the swift replies.

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

Thats some frequency Smiley Wink

Thanks, yes, I could reduce the frequency, but it's only 50m long and I wasn't confident with the 1m frequency. I really need to compare surfaces for different frequencies (probably finished contours would do it).

Have you verified all targets for all regions?

Yes, but I've not removed all the region definitions and retargeted from scratch. I'm not sure if it's correctly designed or not. Maybe these further screengrabs will be informative.

c3dforum_tkj03.PNG

c3dforum_tkj04.PNG

@sboon wrote:

It looks like you might have a boundary problem that is causing triangles to be deleted.  How is the surface boundary defined?

The surface is created from the corridor, with no additional edit operations listed in the surface properties.

c3dforum_tkj02.PNG

(The remaining Edit operations are Yes, except 'Use simplify'.) Some of the missing triangles cross region boundaries, but some are within single regions, with correct triangles either side running to the start/finish of the region(s).

Message 5 of 7
trevj
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Do you have any more pointers on this, please? Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
sboon

To clarify my original question.  Is the surface boundary defined in the corridor by polygon, by featurelines or by corridor shrinkwrap?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
trevj
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

To clarify my original question.  Is the surface boundary defined in the corridor by polygon, by featurelines or by corridor shrinkwrap?

The boundary was undefined! I've added it as corridor shrinkwrap and it now seems to be sorted! Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report