Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor grading to surface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Nik-D
413 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor grading to surface

Hi,

I have a problem grading my corridors to a surface sometimes. I create a design surface. I create a corridor which grades to that surface. I create a corridor surface. I paste the design surface and corridor surface into an FG surface. The design corridor surface has changed in some areas. I have attached two pictures to illustrate.

The first picture shows the design surface and the corridor surface prior to being pasted into FG.

The second picture shows the FG surface with the contours of the design surface changed.

I can mitigate some of the effects by increasing the corridor sampling frequency but this increases processing time.

Why does this happen only to some contours and not to others and how can i stop this happening using a low/default sampling frequency.

Thanks in advance.

Nik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: Nik-D

Try switching your FG surface to a TIN display style so that you can see the triangles before and after adding the corridor surface.  In this case I suspect that you don't have enough TIN points, so the software is forced to interpolate across larger distance than you would like.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report