AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
ChazBraz
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)

Corridor from C3D 2005 crashes in C3D 2006

60 Views, 2 Replies
05-19-2005 04:17 PM
I have a project I started in C3D 2005 which includes an alignment from which I created a corridor and a surface from that. Now, in C3D 2006, I want to move the centerline of the alignment/corridor, and change a radius and a PI location. No matter what method of editing the alignment I use (the Edit command in the pulldown or using grips on the PIs), it gives me an AutoCAD Error dialog saying 'Problem in Loading Application", then I'll press OK to the same dialog twice, and then a Microsoft Visual Basic dialog comes up with "Run-time-error 91: Object variable or With Block variable not set' and 'End', 'Debug' and Help' buttons. If I press End, the entire process repeats indefinitely. If I press Debug, it puts me in the VBA Editing Dialog, with no real way to edit the routine. I am left with no choice but to start Task Manager and end the program. I also get the same error sequence if I simply try to Rebuild the corridor with no edits at all.
Note - I can open the drawing in C3D 2005, and make any edits and rebuilds with no problems at all. But would like to use the Pipes drafting in 2006.
This is on a P4 2.6 / 1.0 GB RAM / WXP Pro w/ SP2.
Look forward to any help on this.
Thanks
Charles Steadham
Charles

Civil 3D 2015
HP Phoenix
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel i7-3770 3.4Ghz - 16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
*Don Reichle
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: Corridor from C3D 2005 crashes in C3D 2006

05-19-2005 05:18 PM in reply to: ChazBraz

Hey Charles;

IIRC Chakri dealt with this issue within the
last 2 weeks.

I did a Find in OE and located these two
posts which seem to explain how to recover - see image below:

[img src="@80595"]

HTH

--
Don Reichle
"King Of
Work-Arounds"
"The only thing worse
than training your staff,
and
having them leave is -
not training your staff,
and having them
stay."
Courtesy Graphics Solution
Providers
--------------------------------------
LDT3/CD3
IntelP4-2.4< BR>1GB
RAM
Intel 64MB

Valued Contributor
ChazBraz
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: Corridor from C3D 2005 crashes in C3D 2006

05-20-2005 07:37 AM in reply to: ChazBraz
That seemed to work fine. Thanks for the help. On typo, however, in Chakri Gavini's reply: The path mentioned in Step 2 should be "....\Autodesk Civil 3D 2005..." rather than "2006".
Thanks again,
Charles Steadham
Charles

Civil 3D 2015
HP Phoenix
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel i7-3770 3.4Ghz - 16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 640

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs