Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor for projecting a transverse slope

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rossm90
600 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor for projecting a transverse slope

I am doing a overlay design for a runway.

I have alignments and profiles for the centerline and 12.5m either side. I would like to create a surface from a corridor by using the three profiles but extending the slope beyond the 12.5m either side.

I can easially create a surface between the three profiles and alignments, however I would like to extend the surface outward a further 10m in both directions at the same transverse slope. Please note that the transverse slope is variable across the entire runway.

I tried this using the "LinkOffsetAndSlope" generic link by making each subassembly 22.5m long and linking only to the profiles 12.5m from the centreline. However it seems it simply applies the levels from the 12.5m offest profiles at the full distance of 22.5m. 

Does anyone know of a subassembly I can use for this and save me from pulling all of my hair out!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Rossm90

I think I understand.

Two options. Use Generic pavement and shift the width by the required value or add annother pavement following the designed ones slope etc. See image.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
Rossm90
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I think you got it, however I do not think I can use the slope from the generic links for the pavement.

What is the name of that subassembly you have used "LanesuperelevationAOR" and where can I can I find it? Is it able to target alignments and profiles?

Message 4 of 4
Rossm90
in reply to: Rossm90

Nevermind, I found a subassembly that will work.

Thanks alot, that solved the problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report