AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

rainhollow
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Corridor contour line issue

104 Views, 1 Replies
11-07-2013 04:16 PM

I'm using C3D 2014 to try and create contours from a road corridor.  From the tutorials I've watched, I believe my alignment, profile, assembly and existing ground surfaces are all corect.  When I create the corridor, the outer daylight line falls whereyou would expect it, but no contour lines are generated.  I'm obviously leaving something out, but have no idea what.

Valued Contributor
rendarin
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Corridor contour line issue

11-07-2013 04:24 PM in reply to: rainhollow

Good morning,

I think you may have left out the last few steps of creating a surface for the corridor :smileyhappy:  If you go to the Corridor Properties of the corridor you made there should be a Surface Tab (I don't have C3D open right now so the names might be a bit wrong).  There's a button there to create a surface, then select Top from the dropdown and hit the plus sign.  

That should create a surface with which you can generate contours.

Additionally you can go to the Boundaries tab in the corridor properties and add the Daylight as the boundary. I can't quite recall exactly what to press there but it's pretty straightforward.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs