Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor cannot be selected (Bug)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cadguru42
633 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor cannot be selected (Bug)

I've seen this bug for several versions and it's still present even in 2014. After viewing a corridor section, doing an inquiry, then clicking the Close button to get back the corridor is not able to be selected. It's "invisible" to the cursor. The only way I've found to get back to normal is to zoom out a bit, do a regen all, then a save. That's the only way to get the cursor to select the corridor again short of restarting C3D. 

Has anyone else run into this very annoying bug? I can't recall what version I first noticed it in, but I think it was 2011 or 2012. 

EDIT: Forgot to say this doesn't happen every time. I can't pinpoint what changes between tries, though. Usually, once it happens and I do the previous steps I can select it for a while. Then the bug hits again and I have to do the steps again. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: Cadguru42

I sure have and it is frustrating. The Corridors go into a non-selectable state arbitrarily on me at different times during design.

What I eventually found was that the Corridor would become selectable again by invoking the End Isolation command.

I put the End Isolation command on my right-click shortcut menu.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 5
Jay_B

Have the issue here too, switching from Model Tab to Layout and back to Model usually works.

Also going to Corridor Name on Prospector>Rt. Click>Select.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
MikeEvansUK

Similar problem exists in R2013 & also I believe I have had this in R2012 (maybe also 2011).

Regen doesn't always work and selecting on prospector fixes it sometimes. I usually just rebuild the corridor via prospector then it is selectable in MS again.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 5
sboon
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I've seen this with corridors, alignments and other objects.  I've found that opening the properties dialog for the offending object from Toolspace, then closing it always works.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report