Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor and Super Elevation Problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lhelms10
3868 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor and Super Elevation Problem

I am currently trying to design a roadway with a reverse curve in it. I am having trouble getting my corridor to model my assembly correctly as it is showing the roadway as the generic assembly and is not adding the superelevation that is shown on my alignment. 

I have done the following:

1) created an alignment with superelevation wizard - superelevation diagram shows up correctly

2) Created a profile for this alignment

2) created an assembly (Road layer is LaneSuperelevationAOR) in which the right lane is set to use SE on the right outside lane and the left lane is set to use SE on the left outside lane

3) Created a corridor with the assembly and set the width targets to the offset alignments (I.e. the lines that are the edge of pavement) 

The corridor does not show the superelevation values based off of the alignments superelevation that it has calculated. 

I did get the supers to show when i tied the Future EOP to the existing surface, however i do not want it to tie in, I want it to just show the values that were calculated. 

Is there a way to get this to show without referencing an additional profile? Also, on my first curve i want to keep the right side at a -2% slope and raise the left side to 2% slope (RC). Is there a way to limit the calcuations to only use a reverse curve?

Any help would be appreciated. I will try to post pictures if needed. 

Thanks in advance!

-Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: lhelms10

Everything that you have described looks and sounds correct.  Your alignment has superelevation and your assembly should be referencing that correctly.  You said that you are using offset alignments to control the width of the lanes.  Just to confirm - you should NOT be using profile targets to control the elevation at the outside edge of the lanes.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
Jay_B

In the LaneSuperelevationAOR subassembly properties, have you changed the value for "Use Superelevation" from "None" to desired lane control setting?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
lhelms10

Ok, So the solution was a glitch in the profile I had selected. After redrawing the profile, it started showing the super's correctly.

thanks for your quick responses.

-Lucas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report