Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
steviek68
515 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor Surface Problems

Hi,

I'm having issues with building corridor surfaces (please see attachment). More and more I'm finding parts missing from the triangulation surface. Given it occurs mostly at Junctions I suspect my assemblies may be faulty, but having inspected them i can't find an obvious problem. Can anyone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: steviek68

Draw a polyline around and add to the surface as a show boundary - this may not get to the root of the problem (why there are holes) but at least you'll get a surface

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
steviek68
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks, I had a go at that already which is a decent workaround, but as you say it doesn't quite solve the problem. My gut feeling is that it's an issue with the assembly, perhaps I'll have a closer look when I get a moment.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

I can't say if this is your problem. But I've had similar errors when I had a the curb vertical or undercut. Once I fixed it in the assembly the wholes were gone.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
steviek68
in reply to: AllenJessup

Had a bash at that but unfortunately it was to no avail. Thanks for the tip though. I may have another attempt with another kerb/curb set just to completely eliminate the possibility.

Message 6 of 6
troma

I had something similar happen when the corridor was set to match existing surface at a set slope from edge of road.  Got everything looking good, then had to update the profile.  Elevations changed, slope matches at a different point.  Suddenly the boundary I had for the surface was wrong, because the matchline moved.  Ended up with missing triangles similar to yours.

I guess this is way too simple a problem that you wouldn't have caught it, sounds like you were already looking into the boundaries....but just adding my twopence worth of thoughts to the discussion.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report