Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface Boundary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
145 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor Surface Boundary

Hello all, I'm still trying to figure out the corridor capabilities. You can have more than one alignment in a corridor but I can't seem to get the boundaries to work out right. In the attached image, Deer Meadow Drive is one alignment and Elk Grove Court is another (ignore the cul-de-sac for now). What I want to do is have the boundary surround both of them but I can't seem to be able to get the boundary on Deer Meadow Drive to stop, then go around Elk Grove, and then continue around Deer Meadow. Any ideas? Do I need to set up different baselines for each section of the boundary? Thanks in advance for any help, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It matters how you choose the boundary interactively. You must choose the boundary consecutively around the perimeter of the corridor. Think of it as choosing the feature lines that will make a polyline boundary. Then double-check the definitions by selecting the [...] under the Definition column. It will list the feature lines that you selected in the order that they will be connected. It will also show the direction that they connect relative to the alignment stationing (this is perhaps the most confusing part). Some will be reversed because they will connect in a direction opposite to the alignment from which they come. Once all of the feature lines are accounted for and they connect in the proper order and the proper direction you will have a very clean boundary. Notice that you can move them up and down to get them in the correct order. The pencil icon button is the preview button that shows what the boundary looks like with green temporary graphics. I hope this helps. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41af4ab6_1@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > I'm still trying to figure out the corridor capabilities. You can have more > than one alignment in a corridor but I can't seem to get the boundaries to > work out right. In the attached image, Deer Meadow Drive is one alignment > and Elk Grove Court is another (ignore the cul-de-sac for now). What I want > to do is have the boundary surround both of them but I can't seem to be able > to get the boundary on Deer Meadow Drive to stop, then go around Elk Grove, > and then continue around Deer Meadow. Any ideas? Do I need to set up > different baselines for each section of the boundary? > > Thanks in advance for any help, > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I should also have mentioned that the green checkmark in the Corridor Boundary Definition Dialog Box checks the boundary and reports whether it is "well formed" or is "ill formed" which usually means that it crosses itself. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:41b5ee45$1_2@newsprd01... > It matters how you choose the boundary interactively. You must choose the > boundary consecutively around the perimeter of the corridor. Think of it as > choosing the feature lines that will make a polyline boundary. > > Then double-check the definitions by selecting the [...] under the > Definition column. It will list the feature lines that you selected in the > order that they will be connected. It will also show the direction that they > connect relative to the alignment stationing (this is perhaps the most > confusing part). Some will be reversed because they will connect in a > direction opposite to the alignment from which they come. Once all of the > feature lines are accounted for and they connect in the proper order and the > proper direction you will have a very clean boundary. Notice that you can > move them up and down to get them in the correct order. The pencil icon > button is the preview button that shows what the boundary looks like with > green temporary graphics. > > I hope this helps. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41af4ab6_1@newsprd01... > > Hello all, > > > > I'm still trying to figure out the corridor capabilities. You can have > more > > than one alignment in a corridor but I can't seem to get the boundaries to > > work out right. In the attached image, Deer Meadow Drive is one alignment > > and Elk Grove Court is another (ignore the cul-de-sac for now). What I > want > > to do is have the boundary surround both of them but I can't seem to be > able > > to get the boundary on Deer Meadow Drive to stop, then go around Elk > Grove, > > and then continue around Deer Meadow. Any ideas? Do I need to set up > > different baselines for each section of the boundary? > > > > Thanks in advance for any help, > > > > -- > > Brian Hailey > > LDT2005 > > C3D2005 > > XP Pro - SP 2 > > P4 2.8GHz > > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Angel, Thanks for the information. The problem I was having is you can't select the same corridor feature line twice for the same baseline. What I had to do was to break each separate portion of the corridor into different baselines and then it worked like a charm. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:41b5ee45$1_2@newsprd01... > It matters how you choose the boundary interactively. You must choose the > boundary consecutively around the perimeter of the corridor. Think of it > as > choosing the feature lines that will make a polyline boundary. > > Then double-check the definitions by selecting the [...] under the > Definition column. It will list the feature lines that you selected in the > order that they will be connected. It will also show the direction that > they > connect relative to the alignment stationing (this is perhaps the most > confusing part). Some will be reversed because they will connect in a > direction opposite to the alignment from which they come. Once all of the > feature lines are accounted for and they connect in the proper order and > the > proper direction you will have a very clean boundary. Notice that you can > move them up and down to get them in the correct order. The pencil icon > button is the preview button that shows what the boundary looks like with > green temporary graphics. > > I hope this helps. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41af4ab6_1@newsprd01... >> Hello all, >> >> I'm still trying to figure out the corridor capabilities. You can have > more >> than one alignment in a corridor but I can't seem to get the boundaries >> to >> work out right. In the attached image, Deer Meadow Drive is one >> alignment >> and Elk Grove Court is another (ignore the cul-de-sac for now). What I > want >> to do is have the boundary surround both of them but I can't seem to be > able >> to get the boundary on Deer Meadow Drive to stop, then go around Elk > Grove, >> and then continue around Deer Meadow. Any ideas? Do I need to set up >> different baselines for each section of the boundary? >> >> Thanks in advance for any help, >> >> -- >> Brian Hailey >> LDT2005 >> C3D2005 >> XP Pro - SP 2 >> P4 2.8GHz >> 1.00 GB of RAM >> >> >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report