Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Solids Extract Error - Daylight/LinkOffsetElevation Sub-Assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
J_Wheats
1292 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Solids Extract Error - Daylight/LinkOffsetElevation Sub-Assemblies

Hello

When I extract solids from a corridor, some solids are created for the LinkOffsetElevation sub-assemblies, but in some instances they not are created.

On the attached image, the magenta lines indicate the LinkOffsetElevation in the corridor and the cyan border indicates where solids have been created. No solids have been created for the southern part.

I have also had the same issue on different corridors when using Daylight sub-assemblies. Is there any reason why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
J_Wheats
in reply to: J_Wheats

Attachment

Message 3 of 5
sboon

I've run into this before.  The extraction tool seems to only recognize the first baseline, and sometimes only the first region in the corridor.  About the only solution I've been able to find is to extract what I can on the first pass to a separate drawing, then delete the baselines that worked and run it again.  Eventually I had solids from all of the corridor regions in several drawings that I could merge back together into a single model.

NOTE - save the drawing before starting this, and exit without saving afterwards.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
J_Wheats
in reply to: sboon

Steve

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn’t work for me - I exported the solids to a new DWG. I then deleted the regions that correctly exported from my corridor and ran extract solids for a second time; but the solids were still missing.

I also just tried exporting missing regions by themselves with no luck.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Hammer.john.j

you could try to export to xml into whatever program you are using if it'll see the corridor in the xml, thats what i did for going into infraworks.

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report