Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tddbuck
319 Views, 7 Replies

Corridor Problem

I've been working on a roadway overaly and widening for about 2 weeks now.  After lots of time figuring out targets, and what is supposed to go where to get my sections to actually turn out correctly I thought I was done....put a shade on my model to look at it and see something shooting off to infinity in one spot.

One piece of my corridor goes from where it is supposed to be all the way back to 0,0.  I tried seeing if it was gripping something but there is no objects. points, or anything that I can find there to make it go there.  All my other areas that are set to the same assembly with the same target set don't have the same problem, just this one area.  I'm at a loss, and have no clue what would cause it.

Anyone have a clue as to what might be the black hole of my drawing LOL?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: tddbuck

One possibility is gaps in between regions or not enough EG data at beginning / end of corridor etc.

Take a look at it in front view or object viewer & you may see some clues to where the "waterfalls" may be.

Probably get the quickest answer if you can post dwg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
tddbuck
in reply to: Jay_B

OK I would attach the drawing but it is 2.6 MG and it won't let me post it here, I've checked for gaps but haven't found any myself.  I'll look again though, thanks Jay.

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

Even a caption would help to see the issue your having.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
Jeff_M

What version of C3D? If this is just the shading/rendering/material that shoots off, there is a known glitch. I have a real 'good' example of this which Autodesk has seen the actual drawings and have given no solution to yet. They seem to occur mostly at point where it goes from cut-fill and back again.

Corridor shoots.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 8
tddbuck
in reply to: Jeff_M

ok saved an image from object viewer of the area, It does look similar to yours Jay, but not as many instances, just the one.  My corridor doesn't look right in the area even without the shading, so I assumed it was a real problem, not just a glitch, if that is the case then there are no worries.  

Message 7 of 8
tddbuck

Sorry, Version Civil 3d 2013 

Message 8 of 8
sboon

I've seen this before, but rarely.  It only seems to appear in 3D model display and doesn't affect the quantites or the normal plan view, so I assumed that it's a video problem somewhere.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report