Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Point file at Speciffic Intervals.. is it possible?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
langrobbins4254
678 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor Point file at Speciffic Intervals.. is it possible?

I was wonderin if there is a way to create an .asc file of a corridor surface at speciffic intervals. If we wanted to create a point file of the corridor surface at 50' intervals or is the only point option within the toolbax tab of the tool space. I did the tool box option, create csv file of corridor surface, it created somthing in area of 30,000 points for about a mile and a half road.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cwitzel
in reply to: langrobbins4254

You can Create Points -  Surface - On Grid Then export the points.

Other options would be points along alignments.

Would neither of those work?

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 3 of 7

I suppose that will work, I will give that a try.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

I haven't done this myself, but last year I sat in on a training session on 'Field-to-Finish' that covered what you want to do.

Use the corridor to create COGO points for what you need.

In brief:
1. Create a corridor code set for the points you want to generate (ETW, CUT, FILL, etc).

2. Set the corridor frequency as needed (for example, you may only need CUT/FILL every 50 feet, you may need other points at larger or smaller spacing).

3. From the Points menu pull-down, select 'Create COGO points from Corridor'. Step through the Create Points dialog and set the point settings as needed (point #'s, Elevation=Auto, Descrip=AutoObject., etc)

4. Readjust your corridor frequency as needed if you need different spacing. For example, for RW staking you may only need it at geometry points (angle points, PC's & PT's, and quarter-deltas).

5. Export or XML out the COGO points.

I have not tried this, and I apologize if my instructions are too brief. I took notes as I was following the instructor's method and may have skipped some details. And I have not needed to use this method myself, so have not proofed the instructions.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 5 of 7
mfernandes
in reply to: jeff_rivers

Jeff steps are spot on. The only comment I would make is switch step 3 and 4 around or it could get messy and would require some creative management to not get duplicate points the second time around.
Message 6 of 7
jeff_rivers
in reply to: mfernandes

Cool, thanks. I've been meaning to try this, and add more detail to my notes/instructions, but I haven't worked on a corridor project lately.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 7 of 7

Yeah, that lokks like it will be the ticket. I do not get to mess with corridors as often as I would like, should be interesting to see what it comes up with.

Thanks, Lang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report