Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Parameters

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
346 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor Parameters

I have been using corridors in basic situations. I am trying to understand them better, and understand all of the parameters, codes, etc. I don't know what ETW, BL, RG, Top, Pave, etc actually apply to. I also really need to understand the targets, merging corridors with feature lines and other corridors etc. Where shall I look? The help doesn't really explain, and the tutorials all seem to apply to "simple" corridors. Where do I go to learn more?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

login Autodesk University web, there are several handouts and videos that may help you understand corridors.
Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 3 of 5
larryrichards8326

ETW, BL, RG, Top, Pave.... in an easy term to understand what these refer to is your links in your corridor. ETW=Edge of Travel Way, TOP= well the top link in your corridor.  you can find them in your code set styles under the General section of your toolspace. now, how these help you is when you create a cooridor, simple or complex, they can help you visualize what is going on.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: larryrichards8326

Thanks. Good info. Can you just give me a few more.....RG, Pave. I assume Pave is pavement, but exactly where does it get applied? Top, bottom, cl?

Can you provide a quick explanation of targets? I get the surface targets, but how do I get a corridor to meet with a feature line. For example, if a roadway approaches a parking lot that is defined by a feature line, how do you tie those together?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Message 5 of 5
larryrichards8326

RG is a new one to me. i would have to see your assembly to determine exactly what that one is. but yes PAVE is pavement. and i think it applies to the top and bottom of the pavement but not certain about the bottom. if i recall correctly  in your link styles pull down you have three setting one for plan, model and section. i usually will set the plan and model to a no plot style and the only one i keep on a plottable layer is the section setting.

now as far as tieing your corridor into a parking lot that has more to do with how you target your corridor. for this you will need an alignment and profile and use a few different regions. it's pretty much just an intersection. the way i approach it is to make the parking lot on it's own site and it's own surface. then paste the parking lot into a composite surface. then create your corridor on it's own site and then create a surface from the corridor and also paste that surface into your composite surface.

the biggest learning curve I had was learning to keep things to there own site. don't try to grade everything on the same surface it will drive you crazy. the rule of thumb i use is "work small so you make small mistakes"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report