Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor, Offset Assembly, & Featurelines

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Jeff_M
1003 Views, 8 Replies

Corridor, Offset Assembly, & Featurelines

I could've sworn this worked correctly at one time, but I sure canot get it to do so now. I have a small roadway widening which includes a parking bay and a sidewalk that varies in location, elevation, & width. Here are the 3 subassemblies used to create the corridor. The top is the normal half section (we are widening just the left side of the road), the center one is for the elevated sidewalk, and the lower one is for the parking bay region so it includes an Offset Assembly.

3 Assemblies.png

Everything works as desired, with the lone exception of the lack of featurelines being created for the Offset Assembly objects. All the curb & sidewalk f/l's are fine for the other regions using the 2 other assemblies, but I get none with the Offset Assy. Is this normal and my memory has failed me once again? Or should this be working and I've somehow mucked it up?

No Features.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

Please don't get offended but is there a chance that it is there but is turned off somewhere?
Message 3 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for looking, no offense taken. I'm looking for any suggestions that might help. I don't think they are off, as they are defined to use the same style as those that are showing and the curb/sidewalk subassemblies are identical (code-wise).

EESignature
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Looked at you picture again and saw you red feature lines on the plan view then looked at your subassemblies, I noticed on the first two there is a red dot in the upper left corner of each sidewalk? but then on you third assembly that red dot is gone on the same corner. Does that red dot mean anything on the other two subassemblies? I looked for another red dot on the corner of the inner shoulder/pavement and noticed one on the first subassembly but not on the second but not sure what exactly which subassembly is being projected on the plan view. I will look harder at your picture and let you know if I see something else.
Message 5 of 9
mathewkol

Can you attach the file?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 9
david.zavislan
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found the same behavior with offset assemblies in versions up to 2011.  (Have not tried this yet in 2012).   This becomes a problem when building corridor surfaces from feature lines.  You have to build the surface from links.

Because of this, I rarely use offset assemblies.  I will model the offset with a generic offset and elevation link, with the omit property set to 'yes'.  It will create all links radial to the the baseline alignment, so you wont get the curb and sidewalk perpendicular to the edge of pavement or flowline.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: mathewkol

Sure thing, Matt. This is reduced down as far as I think I can go and still leave the required details showing the problem.

C3D2012 by the way.

Jeff

EESignature
Message 8 of 9
mathewkol

That's messed up. I created a new dwg, made a new alignment, profile, corridor, offset etc.  It worked perfectly.  I XML'd your stuff into mine and it did not work.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 9 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: mathewkol

Ah ha! So it IS supposed to work! Thanks for checking and letting me know at least my memory is still intact. Now to figure out why it isn't....

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report