Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor No Plot Layer Still Plotting

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
troma
2117 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor No Plot Layer Still Plotting

I have the same problem as the OP in this post, except in section view rather than plan.  The workaround does not work.

I have my links on a layer that is frozen and set to no-plot.  They are also switched off in all view directions in the style.  They don't show up in the drawing, but do when I plot.

(I should be able to choose which way to do this: turn off in the style or set the layer to no-plot, or freeze the layer.  The fact that I've done all three and these links are still plotting boggles the mind!)

In paperspace:

Section-paperspace.PNG

In plot preview:

Section-plot.PNG

Thanks for any suggestions.

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit; Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz; 8GB RAM

Civil 3D 2013, SP2, 64 bit

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
doni49
in reply to: troma

If you post your files, I'll try it here using C3D 2014.  At least we can confirm/deny it being a version issue.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 11
troma

Not sure what happened to my link. It was meant to point here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Corridor-No-Plot-Layer-Still-Plotting/td-p/46...

Mark Green

Message 4 of 11
troma
in reply to: doni49

Don, thanks.
I started thinking about how to post this, and it made me realize this is a little more complicated than I had thought.

There is no corridor in the section drawing. The corridor drawing is x-reff'd in. So I went to the corridor drawing and turned off all the relevant styles in there. Still no improvement.
So I made a copy of my drawing and detached the x-ref from it. There is no corridor and no reference to a corridor in this drawing, but the links still show up in my plot! If I go to model space and explode them twice, the resultant lines are on a layer that is frozen and set to no-plot.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 11
troma
in reply to: doni49

I don't believe it. I just found it. It is the shape border line, not a link.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 11
troma

Still doesn't make any sense:
Why does it plot when on a layer that is frozen and set to no-plot?
Why does it plot when it doesn't show up in the drawing?
Why does it show up when there is no corridor in the drawing (corridor x-ref detached)?
Why is it controlled by the settings in the current drawing, not the settings of the corridor drawing?

Mark Green

Message 7 of 11
doni49

Why? Because the developers didn't think about the possibility that someone would do it this way.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 11
Jay_B

@troma wrote:
Why is it controlled by the settings in the current drawing, not the settings of the corridor drawing?

Because even though the Corridor is Xref'd, when sampling the Xref'd Corridor in Sampled Sources, the Code Set Style applied to the Corridor object controls the display.

A different Code Set Style can be applied from the one being used in the Corridor Source dwg.

Here we use 3 standard Code Set Styles:

• Assembly
  • Corridor
  • Section
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 11
troma
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for your insights. This is clearly one part of the program that I haven't dug down deep enough into. To be honest I don't use corridors enough to get that detailed with them.
But let me put this to you: surely this is a defect, and what we've found is a workaround, not as intended. I mean, generally speaking I can use layers to control the display and plotting of Civil objects. It works with alignments, profiles, profile views, sections, section views, TIN surfaces etc. Surely it should also work for a corridor shape in section view; the fact that it doesn't is a defect. (A very minor defect in the scheme of things. But still, not as intended.)

I don't know if anything here should be marked as a 'solution' or not. Any suggestions?

Mark Green

Message 10 of 11
Jay_B

Hmm, Never thought of it as a defect I guess since the display of Corridors are largely controlled by use of Code Set Styles (which are their own animal) and take a lot of time to get used to.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 11 of 11
troma
in reply to: Jay_B

What if I have a section view show up in two viewports.
In one viewport I want the shape outlines to plot. In another I don't.
This is exactly what viewports, layers and the vpfreeze setting are for.

Why should a shape plot if it is set to display on a layer that is either frozen, off, vpfrozen or set to no-plot? There is no doubt that this is a defect.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report