Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
castled071049
407 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor Issue

(See attached JPEG.) In creating a cul-de-sac region at the end of a gently curving roadway, the cul-de-sac targets the main centerline alignment. As you can see, it wants to send feature lines way back to the beginning of the corridor. Any way to prevent this?

Or am I creating the cul-de-sac incorrectly in the first place?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: castled071049

Do you have a boundary around your cul-de-sac?

Bill

Message 3 of 6
castled071049
in reply to: wfberry

Not sure what you mean by boundary. Was not aware one could place a boundary around a corridor. (Other than a surface boudary, of course, which I do not have in place.)

Message 4 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: castled071049

OK, you are probably correct.  Select the corridor and use the Object Viewer and see if you can spot where the trouble may be.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
castled071049
in reply to: wfberry

Not much help with Object Viewer. I said they were feature lines, but it looks like the 3 long corridor lines back to earlier stations are links instead. 

Message 6 of 6

I extended the main road alignment a wee bit past its original ending point, and the extended links/feature line issue disappeared. Not sure why, but the problem is fixed. 

Thanks for responding!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report