Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Daylight Not Connecting

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
5077 Views, 20 Replies

Corridor Daylight Not Connecting

I have a strange problem. I have a corridor where the daylight works on
the right side without any problem, but a mirrored copy of the same
subassembly does not. On the left side each cross section of the
corridor has the daylight, but they are not being connected. I have
attached a screen shot showing what I'm talking about.

I have tried looking at the settings for the assembly, for the
subassembly, and for the corridor and can't find out why the corridor
refuses to connect just this one daylight. The surface is correct, but
the connecting of the daylight points is not happening. Anyone know why
or how to fix this?

EB
-----------------------
Win7 Pro 64-bit
Civil 3D 2011 64-bit
6GB RAM
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
idmadcadder
in reply to: Anonymous

Check to make sure you are targeting a surface with both sides.

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.
Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous

It's targeting the surface because the slope lines from the cross
section are there. Those are the red lines that show up on the previous
post's attachment. It's just not creating the feature line between each
daylight point.

EB
-----------------------
Win7 Pro 64-bit
Civil 3D 2011 64-bit
6GB RAM

On 6/2/2010 12:52 PM, Brentster7189 wrote:
> Check to make sure you are targeting a surface with both sides.
>
> Brent Daley
> Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
> The Land Group, Inc.

--
Message 4 of 21
ivanl

under Corridor Properties>Feature Lines, is everything "Connect"? Edited by: ivanl on Jun 2, 2010 3:10 PM
Message 5 of 21
Cadguru42

Yes, the corridor links are all selected to connect.  That's why the right side connects and anything before or after this region connect.  It is just the daylight that is on the offset alignment that will not connect.  I just don't understand why it's doing this.

P.S.  I hate the web format.  It is cumbersome to use and not nearly as search or user friendly as the NNTP was.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 21
Cadguru42

OK, now another person in my office is having the same problem.  He's got an offset assembly with a 10' sidewalk and a basic daylight subassembly.  In the corridor sections, the offset assembly doesn't show all of the subassemblies.  It cuts it off in the middle and it randomly changes where it's cut off.  I thought it might be because the offset assembly is following an alignment that is not parallel to the baseline, but then that doesn't explain why the daylight points aren't being created.  The corridor feature line for the daylights just aren't being drawn. 

What is going on?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 7 of 21
rl_jackson
in reply to: Cadguru42

"P.S.  I hate the web format.  It is cumbersome to use and not nearly as search or user friendly as the NNTP was."

And I have noticed a decrease in use as well

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 21
dgordon

Could you post a small example drawing with just a small alignment and the offending assembly.   the one with one half working and one half not?   I have an idea where to look but I doubt i could explain it here.  I can open anything but 2011 drawing.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 9 of 21
Cadguru42
in reply to: dgordon

I don't know how I'd post a drawing since we heavily rely on multiple drawings, xref's, and data shortcuts.  Basically, every assembly I've created with an offset assembly that contains the basic daylight subassembly doesn't connect the daylight points.  This has happens in both Civil 3D 2010 and Civil 3D 2011 64-bit.

The original screen shots attached in the first post show where the left side offset assembly daylights aren't being connected.  The right side is connecting because it's on the main assembly.  Daylight subassemblies on an offset assembly don't seem to connect.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 10 of 21
nzeeben

I created what I think is similar to the situation you are describing with the offset assembly.  My daylight feature lines on the offset assembly are being created.  Seems like something deeper in the way you are building your corridors. You should be able to run the etransmit command, it will pack up all the files required to post an example.  If you would like to send it directly to me please feel free to do so.

Thanks

Nick

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 11 of 21

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem stated.  Was there ever a fix found for this issue?.  I'm thinking is a bug with offset assembly, because if I don't use the offset assembly problem fixed.

Message 12 of 21

No, I never did get it answered. I ended up having to make a second corridor. You'd think Autodesk would at least have looked into this, but since there was no reply I just assumed I did something wrong.  

This has not been fixed in 2012, either.  I just did a bus drop-off and thought about trying to use the offset assembly again for the curb and sidewalk.  Half of the back-of-sidewalk is not linking together and it's not even continous.  There will be gaps in between corridor sections that Civil 3D just refuses to connect.  No matter what I do, they will not connect.  The only way to get this to work that I know of is to just never use offset assemblies and use mutliple corridors.  

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 13 of 21
wfberry

Hopefully you noticed that Nick Zeeben with AutoDESK wants to see your drawing.

Bill

Message 14 of 21

Hello, this message is in regard tho this thread: Corridor Daylight Not Connecting

I'm experiencing similar issues and can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere. I'm thinking this is a bug with the offset assembly that should be looked at. I tried the following with no success:

-Adding different generic links

-Adding a non generic link or daylight subassembly such as a sidewalk, lane, etc with shapes and this works.

If you would like, provide me an email address where I can send you a file.

Message 15 of 21

I just replied to the Autodesk person.  I'm willing to send a file for troubleshooting.

I'm really frustrated with offest assemblies.  I think it is a great tool, but it needs to be refined.  I have experienced several issues in the past, specially, when working in cross section views.

Message 16 of 21
david.zavislan

I have noted the same behavior on all corridor models where we use offset assemblies.  This occurs in Civil 3D 2009 - 2012.  In addition to the missing feature lines, I am not able to include the offset assembly's' shapes in materials calculations or generate slope stake reports.  If any of these items are required, I will use generic links to locate the offset subassemblies, instead of offset assemblies. 

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 17 of 21
SethHall
in reply to: david.zavislan

Hi David and Fransisco-

I noticed that you both are Subscription customers... I would suggest one of you log a support request with us and send along your files so we can investigate further.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 18 of 21

Hi Seth,

Already did so.  Here is the reference number:06735747

Message 19 of 21

Strange enough.... I created a custom subassembly similar to link slope to surface in SAC that includes a shape.  And the hsapes display properly in cross section view, but still not able to see the feature line in plan view. 

I would probably use this to display in section view and turn off the shape bottom links.  But, the daylight line is pretty important to have it in plan view for construction drawings.

Message 20 of 21

Just for future reference. I got a response from Autodesk. This is a known issue that is being fixed. Here is the response I got: "This is currently a known issue with our development team, and is scheduled for a fix in the first service pack for Civil 3D 2012. The reason this is happening is because your baseline alignment and offset alignment have vastly different station ranges – bringing those station ranges in closer to each other should help resolve the issue until the service pack is released." I did a trick that seems to be working fine. I renumbered my stations and assigned a staion equations to maintain my old station ranges for construction drawings. It was a pain as I had to update corridor stations, profiles, and superelevaiton data. I'm still missing the link on section view, but I got a feature line in plan view. A surface can be used to display daylights in section view, although labeling side slopes won't be fun. Hope it helps to people with similar issues

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report