Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying design profile removes arcs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asloat
147 Views, 1 Reply

Copying design profile removes arcs

I am in the process of reversing a profile view at the request of my client. The profile view has a surface, pipe data, and a design pipe profile. Most of this seemed simple enough as I just selected the base alignment and reversed it, and adjusted the profile to go left to right. Everything changed and updated well enough except the design profile remained unchanged. Searching around it appears there is no way to flip a profile, so my plan was to copy the profile, explode it to a polyline and mirror it. Move it to the right spot and recreate the profile from it.

What I found interesting is my copy of the profile removed the arcs in it and replaced them with strait segments. The only way I could keep them was to explode the original version. Not the end of the world, but this seems odd to me.

Besides the issue with the removal of arcs in the copy, I was also wondering if anyone knew a better way to accomplish my goal?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asloat
in reply to: asloat

Just realized this is a poor solution as well; the exploded profile converts the profile arcs into somewhat dense polylines and not arcs. Fortunately I kept the original source polyline for this profile and can use that instead.

Is there a way that exists to convert a profile made of arcs and segments back into lines/arcs or polylines/arcs?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report