AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Darron Agawa
Message 1 of 2 (68 Views)

Copying Surfaces

68 Views, 1 Replies
02-19-2004 03:21 PM
What's the best way to copy a surface. I need to paste surfaces and don't want to accidentally lose the edits I've already done to one surface. The help files mention checking a surface out from the associated project, but I don't find that very efficient. Why do we need to keep checking them in and out in order to do this? Why not just a right-click "Copy" like in LDT TME? -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
*Daniel Philbrick
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)

Re: Copying Surfaces

02-20-2004 06:29 AM in reply to: *Darron Agawa
Darron, You can copy a surface but there are some sublte behaviors that are different between "Copy" and "Crtl-C/Copy Selection". The second is basically "Wblock" behavior. There is a topic in the help file called "Supported AutoCAD Commands" that you may want to take a look at. This documents the supported AutoCAD commands and some notes as to the expected behavior for all the Civil 3D Objects. If you select the surface and use "Ctrl C or Copy Selection" and then paste it to the original coordinates, you should get a copy of the surface with all your edits preserved. However, you will also get copies of the breaklines and COGO points (if they were used in the definition) - not sure if that is what you expect. I did notice some pecular behavior if you Copy the surface and transform the location of the surface. Try this and see if you get the expected surface definition (Surface->Properties). Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:40354515$1_1@newsprd01... > What's the best way to copy a surface. I need to paste surfaces and don't > want to accidentally lose the edits I've already done to one surface. > > The help files mention checking a surface out from the associated project, > but I don't find that very efficient. Why do we need to keep checking them > in and out in order to do this? Why not just a right-click "Copy" like in > LDT TME? > > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs