Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Point Groups.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cdavis
1194 Views, 4 Replies

Copying Point Groups.

OK, this may seem backwards, but I wanted to know if there is a way to copy Point Groups to previous vesions of Civil 3D. Unfortunately we have to use Civil 3D 2010-2014(because various clients are not up to 2014 yet). I do a lot of topographic surveys and I set up a bunch of point groups for various features (Top Face of Curb, OG Shots, Back of walk, etc.) and unfortunately I set these all up in 2014. My template is set up in 2010 and I really do not want to set up 20-30 different point groups all over again. I set the different groups up to have different colors in order to easily identify the points while buildiing the topo.

I have tried saving the drawing as a 2010 version, but no point groups show up so I can't just drag and drop them in the prospector and the Import styles option does not bring over Point Groups.

Any suggestions or am I just SOL and I have to set these up individually again?

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: cdavis

You say your template is set up for 2010. Can you use this same template for 2010-2014?

Or are you talking about importing these point groups into existing drawings that may not have been started with the correct template?

Post 10 here may be the solution for you:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Copying-Point-Groups/m-p/3143086#M158973
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: cdavis

You can use LandXMLOut command.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 5
cdavis
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, the Civil 3d 2010 Template is used for all versions of our Civil 3D. So I want to incorporate the Point Groups into that template so they will be available in all versions.

I will check out Jeff's method a little later today.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 5 of 5
cdavis
in reply to: tcorey

I will check this LandXML option out as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report