Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy viewport does not work

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
16331 Views, 9 Replies

Copy viewport does not work

When I copy a viewport in a layout it does not create another viewport, only a poly line.....

anybody?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you have a clipped viewport created from a polyline. The layer the polyline is on  may be On while the layer the viewport is on may be Off or Frozen. Even when you copy a viewport you may need to select  rt-clk and make sure Display Viewport Objects is set to Yes.

Are you selecting the viewport by single selection or are you using a crossing or fence?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
LeafRiders
in reply to: AllenJessup

Try MVIEW select the viewport and turn ON. If the entitiy is a polyline Mview object and select. Seems funky though, i've never had this happen.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: LeafRiders

I miss spoke earlier

when i copy the viewport it says that it is a viewport, but i cannot activate

model space in it

Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

Try selecting the viewport and in the Properties dialog, under Misc, set On to Yes. If it is already On try clicking into the viewport and restoring a view. You might just be looking at an empty place in the drawing.

If you have a lot of viewports you might have to up the value of MAXACTVP.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks, setting the on in the properties did the trick

Message 7 of 10
AllenJessup

Glad it worked. That's basically the equivalent of - rt-clk and make sure Display Viewport Objects is set to Yes.

Allen

Not all roads lead to Rome. But they all lead somewhere!

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
jeesongeorge

Tried a bunch of other things before I saw this post. Worked Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
Amritanshu_Saxena

Solution-A

Set MAXACTVP to maximum i.e. 64

Solution-B

Select copied viewport go to the properties under Misc Section Parameter "On" should be YES.

However Solution-B need to be repeated for every new copied viewport. Therefore Set REGENAUTO to ON.

Message 10 of 10
Mk-Cad
in reply to: Amritanshu_Saxena

Hi, turning the viewport on through the Misc works, however takes a few minutes before it's visible. The normal way was to just copy the viewport and it would show is a second or two. There has to be a command setting turned off somewhere else. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report