Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy styles to another drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rcallison
7812 Views, 3 Replies

Copy styles to another drawing

Is there a way to copy a style (i.e. labeling style) from one drawing to another?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rcallison

Hi,

depends on your Civil3D-version!

With 2012 you have the possibility to import styles from any drawings (plus clean styles), command _IMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS (_PURGESTYLES for cleaning).

With 2011 or older you can drag&drop single styles, so open the source-drawing and the destination-drawing. Place them side-by-side in the AutoCAD-applicationwindow (e.g. command _SYSWINDOWS ==> _VERT), than active the source-drawing, now you can drag a style from the Civil-prospector/styles to the window of the destination drawing.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
rcallison
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you,

That worked perfect.

One more questions.  How do I set a particular style as current?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rcallison

Hi,

>> How do I set a particular style as current?

Civil3D-styles work different compared to AutoCAD dimensionstyle or textstyle. In most cases you can set the style (and also other presettings) by finding the command that's used to create a Civil3D-object.

So for example if you want to set the default style for creation of a surface:

• goto Civil3D-prospector
  • change to "settings"
  • A) right-click on "surface" ==> "object-settings" (hope that is correct translated from my german version) .... here is the first point to define the default-style for surfaces
  • B) alternative is to open "surface" ==> "commands" and right click on "CreateSurface" or "CreateSurfaceFromTIN" or "CreateSurfaceXXXX" .... here you can override the default settings (and default surface-style) dependig on how you create a surface (what type of surface will be created)

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report