Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Styles not working in Plan Production Create Sheets

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Jay_B
573 Views, 8 Replies

Copy Styles not working in Plan Production Create Sheets

I'm currently doing some testing of 2014 SP1 and noticed the Copy Styles routine when creating Plan Production Sheets doesn't seem to function as it did in 2012?

Using 2014 SP1, I data referenced a Pipe Network into a Plan Prod. sheet that was created before the Pipe networks were created. After data referencing the first Pipe Network into the plan sheet, I tried to label my pipes and structures, noticed none of our custom styles got copied (during create sheets command) into the sheet?

In 2012 they did.

Am I missing something here or is this a possible bug?

We have a lot of these Plan Production dwt's here and it's going to be a major PITA if all Plan Production.dwt's will need to have all Styles within them.

The nice thing about the way it used to work is the styles only needed to be maintained in a couple base.dwt's.

In addition to these Pipe & Structure label styles missing the list goes on throughout the Settings tab. Only present styles seem to be of "in use" nature such as pfl style, Alignment style, pfl view style etc. where the sheet creation process pulled specific information into the sheet dwg from source dwg.

Also did a quick test of our 2012 configuration and majority of , if not all, styles from source dwt do get copied over eliminating the need for them within the Plan Production dwt's. 2012 SP3 used here. 

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jay_B

"We have a lot of these Plan Production dwt's here and it's going to be a major PITA if all Plan Production.dwt's will need to have all Styles within them."

If you want the labels to they need to be in the template...

ImportStyleAndSettings will help.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: jmayo-EE

@Anonymous wrote:

"If you want the labels to they need to be in the template...

ImportStyleAndSettings will help.

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing now as 2014 doesn't copy over the styles from the Source drawing into the Plan Production dwt when using "Create Sheets" command as it did in 2012 and 2011 releases.

The way we were doing it may not be common place and may be undocumented but it worked very well in that when managing & updating the templates, there were only a few to worry about matching up etc.

The ImportStyleAndSettings gets me part way there but it doesn't do a very good job of bringing Feature Settings and command Settings along for the ride, in fact it does much less than the "copy styles & settings" when creating the sheets used to do for us automatically behind the scenes.Smiley Frustrated

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 4 of 9
mbennum

We've been running into the same problem here. Seems to be mainly pipe and structure styles, both object and label styles. It doesn't do it consistently though, which is what throws me off. I've searched through the settings in the Plan Production tools looking for a missed checkbox or something and haven't seen anything. 

I'm with you, I preferred it to bring the styles forward because it meant I didn't have to maintain another template. Must be another case of Autodesk "fixing" something. 😛

Message 5 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: mbennum

I submitted a S.R. to AutoDesk for this issue and have received a response that they are able to replicate the issue and confirm that the 2012 and 2014 versions do function differently. If I receive any more information re: the issue I will post it here...It looks like I'll be busy importing Styles & fixing Feature & Command Settings in these sheets we never had to worry about in the past. Smiley Frustrated

Seems like most or all styles don't get copied as they used to in my limited testing, I haven't noticed any randomness to the issue here. The only styles that get copied are relative to the objects from source.dwg to the sheets.dwg created AFAIK.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 9
CADmgrMike

Just ran into this issue so I'm anxious to see if Autodesk will provide a fix.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 7 of 9
jwoss39CTC
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Ran into a similar issue here. If a style was missing from the DWT used during sheet creation, is there no way to add the style to the sheets after the fact? Copy styles and settings does not seem to work. 

Message 8 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: jwoss39CTC

If your saying you've tried IMPORTSTYLESANDSETTINGS after the fact to Import the missing styles from a dwt which contains the desired styles but it won't work you do have another option.

Drag N Drop the styles from dwg A to dwg on the "Master View" of Toolspace.

The best fix is to be sure all needed Styles & Settings are set up as desired, in the Sheet creation Plan Production dwt's, prior to sheet creation.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 9
jwoss39CTC

Thanks,

We tried dragging and dropping in master view, we tried importstylesandsettings, we tried auditing and recovery then drag and drop and importstylesandsettings again. Nothing worked, then randomly it worked again. I'm baffled but relieved because the potential workarounds we were considering would have been quite time consuming.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report