Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste Latency

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeremy.hellman
452 Views, 5 Replies

Copy/Paste Latency

Hey all,

Me and some fellows at work have been noticing a significant increase in the time it takes to copy with base point and paste into a different drawing file. Maybe it is just the 2012 version of the software but I am hoping someone out there will be able to let us know what has changed or how to minimize the time this takes. I don't see any reason it should take up to a minute to copy a few polylines from one drawing to the next.

Thanks for your time!

Jeremy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: jeremy.hellman

We use 2012 and havent had any issues with it AFAIK.
What have you tried?
Try SCALELISTEDIT>Reset
-purge>R (for registry applications, note the dash.
Purge
Audit
Cleaning out AutoCad temporary folder.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6

Can also happen if there are any DGN linetypes.

WBLOCK the current drawing and check the new file.

Consider reading the below post also.

DGN Purge Tool

Message 4 of 6

jhwiz wrote:

it should take up to a minute to copy a few polylines from one drawing to the next 

Does the issue occur on every drawing, even between two blank, empty ones..?

Message 5 of 6

No, If I start up a brand new empty drawing, create a few lines and try to copy paste into another brand new drawing it is fine.

Any design drawing we have though seems to be plagued in this way. We may have narrowed down the problem to a common basefile we use for powerlines, it is probably more common than that one basefile though. I will try to get someone on our team to compile the DGN Purge Tool above and report back.
Message 6 of 6

If you are looking for a compiled version of the above code , you can download from here

DGN Purge (Not updated with the revised code from Kean's website)

Please note that the above dll is as per the first post of Kean's webpage.So run it on a copy of your drawing to see the result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report