Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate grid on layout in Civil 3D 2010 or 2011

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
aldan8
7309 Views, 11 Replies

Coordinate grid on layout in Civil 3D 2010 or 2011

hi, how create coordinate grid on layout in Civil 3D 2010-2011, such as this 

6a012877512356970c014e887891b1970d.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: aldan8

Check out the tools in the UKIE Country Kit.

Christopher

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

Message 3 of 12
aldan8
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

thx, but I don't need  concrete style , I just want know how do it step by step in Civil 3D 2010 or 2011 with any style 

Message 4 of 12
neilyj666

There is a tool in MAP that will do this (not sure about 2010 but presume it will) but not in front of it now so don't know what is is...

Not sure what you mean by "any style" - the grid will appear as the programmer intended, if you want something different you'll have to wite your own routine or add the grid manually in your preferred style.

As mentioned there is a tool in the UKIE country kit (and there are other lisps e.g.CVP.lsp available) that will put a grid in a viewport and they work well

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 12
aldan8
in reply to: neilyj666

Can you tell me how to use it in the UKIE country kit.

Message 6 of 12
Civil3DReminders

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovq0ZWovnSc For other help, check out the PDF that has the instructions for the Kit.

Christopher

Message 7 of 12
aldan8
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

thanks. but  the tool in the UKIE country kit  this hasn't what I was looking for 

Message 8 of 12
david.zavislan

In Civil 3D 2011/Map 3D 2011 use the MAPLAYOUTREFERENCESYSTEM command to add a grid to a layout viewport.  It will create a "Military Grid Reference System".  I think that 2012 has more options that allow the grid to be customized.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 9 of 12
aldan8
in reply to: david.zavislan

thx , OK, I'll try this

Message 10 of 12
O.Maille

Ok the 2013 release has incorporated this item but is there any way to customise the way it looks? Ideally I'd like a mix of the two; tics and crosses like the UK IE and number outside the viewport. I'm sure there must be some setting.xml to chage the appearance, obviously hadn't enough time thie year to encorporate customisation into the release.

Message 11 of 12

Thank you for this tip.  There are multiple choices in 2012 version.  This includes Current Map Coordinates which allows US Feet if that is the units used.  We have been searching off and on for an easier solution than creating alignments or blocks. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report