Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controling Layers in Point Styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chrisdavis5201
836 Views, 2 Replies

Controling Layers in Point Styles

I am having layer control issues when dealing with Point Styles. I have a Description Key set up that will put the specified point style on a certain layer. For instance the point style COMH will be placed on the V-UTLY-MH layer upon insertion. The point style that I have created will have the Marker associated to the V-UTLY-MH-SYM layer and the Label associated with the V-UTLY-MH-LABEL layer. I also have the check box at the bottom of the Object Layers Tab in the Drawing Settings Dialog box checked that says "Immediate and independent layer on/off control of display components" checked. With all of this set up, I still cannot independently layer on /off the label of the point style without having to create a Point Group Style and have no label style selected within the Point Group Styles Properties. While I understand how to do this and can set up multiple Point Group Styles and push them up and down to get the visuals to do what I want, we have to deliver our drawings to clients who are not the most CIVIL 3D savvy of people. Does anyone know of a work around that does not involve duplicating and exploding the cogo points just so that clients can layer on/off or freeze/thaw the point lables in a drawing? I have included an image of the settings with the code used for the COMH point style and desription key settings.

Thank you,

Chris M. Davis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In theory, turning off or freezing V-UTLY-MH-LABEL should turn of the label. But there is no point and click tool for that - the layer property dialog box is the only way.

You have:

• overall point layer: V-UTLY-MH - freeze this and the point and label will turn off.
  • Point layer from point style:V-UTLY-MH-SYM - freeze or turn this off to turn off point symbol only
  • Point label layerfrom point style:V-UTLY-MH-LABEL - freeze or turn this off to turn off point label only

The point labe stylel can have a layer which in your case is <default> and as I understand it, since you did not use layer 0 in the point style for the label layer, the point label layer style is not used.

AKA CaddCop
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: CharlesRheault6717

There is another thread currently running here which may have useful information.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report