Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contours

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
307 Views, 6 Replies

Contours

Some contours in low areas do not show in my created surfaces. If I switch to triangles I notice that the surface has been formed correctly but if I switch back to contour display the contour disappears again. The elevations are correct.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried changing your surface style to display contours at a smaller interval (1' or even 0.25')? This may not solve the problem, but at least will help you determine if the trouble is with your surface or the style applied to it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Intervals are set to 1' but it is quite a large area and should show up with this interval.
Message 4 of 7
mthompson

This might be a long-shot but is there maybe a contour label masking the contour? If so, the text could be off yet the mask is still present.

If you think this is the culprit I would run a QSELECT.
Message 5 of 7
brian.kling

Mike, what did you build the surface from? Plines, points or ?? With the new pline (contour) conversion tools in C3D, I'm pretty sure it takes care of this low spot issue, but if you have say a low area in your surface, you may need just to add an additional point in the middle (using surface edits), with a slightly lower elevation (could be -.01 or even -.001, just mathematically lower), to force the tin to "see" the lowest contour line. If the data around the region of your low spot all has the same elevation, this may be the culprit.

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you. I will only be able to check it out within a few hours but I will let you know.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It worked. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report