Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contours disapear after editing feature line

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kmedeiros1
802 Views, 7 Replies

Contours disapear after editing feature line

using Civil 3d 2009

I am editing a feature line which is a driveway.  I set the feature line to have a constant slope from one end to the other.  I had to move the line and when I did the contours went away.  I tried to just add grading to the feature line and it when through the steps I always take and acts like its there but I dont see it.  The contours are set to 1' and 5' contours w/ design.  The feature line that is added when creating a grading from the original feature line (that shows the base of the slope where the contours fit between or in other words it is the feature line that follows the existing/natural ground) is also gone.

Also on another feature line all I did was go into elevation editor and change an elevation and the contours dissapeared.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troma
in reply to: kmedeiros1

Have you tried:

REGENALL?
Close the drawing and reopen?
Recover the drawing?
Audit the drawing?
Close the program and start it again?
Shut down the machine and reboot?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 8
kmedeiros1

I tried all the above and still have the problem

Message 4 of 8
troma

I would say LEVELOFDETAIL, but you are working in 2009...

Layers?
Featureline styles?
Surface Styles?

What does the surface definition tab tell you? What is going on in there? Have a look in the site in prospector. Does the feature line still exist? Can you select it from the list and open the elevation editor and then zoom to a point on the feature line? Does the surface still exist in prospector? Can you see the TIN or does it disappear too?

Mark Green

Message 5 of 8
kmedeiros1
in reply to: troma

all zeros in the surface definition, but all my other surfaces have zeros as well and still show contours. feature line still exists, its in prospector.

i can open elevation editor and there are only two points the beginning and end of the feature line with a constant grade. its a 60' driveway.

i have two viewports open 2d top view and 3d sw isometric view. the tin is up on my original surface of the whole map. i can see my contours for all the other parts of the drawings, i.e. streets, pads and other driveways.

all contours are set to one layer. so the layer is on.

this is more of a "Why is this happening" question btw.

I just exploded the feature lines giving me problems and then made them a feature line again. then did my grading and it works. just wondering if there's something i can do to not have to basically redo everything.
Message 6 of 8
troma

Where are you seeing zero?
I meant to open the surface properties, go to the definition tab and look in the bottom panel.

Did you try clicking on the 'zoom to' button in the elevation editor?

Sorry, I don't know why it is happening other than the old refrain: "feature lines are glitchy, gradings are very glitchy".

Save, save, save.

Mark Green

Message 7 of 8
kmedeiros1
in reply to: troma

Ya I was seeing zero in the summary section of toolspace. when I am in surface properties the definition tab, the bottom panel has my grading group in it. elevation editor zoom to works fine
Message 8 of 8
IanMcClain

If you have the ability to upgrade 2012 or 2013, I'd recommend it. Feature lines have become more stable in the later releases.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report