Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour lines and 3D polylines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ADRooney
1411 Views, 5 Replies

Contour lines and 3D polylines

I've got a problem I recently have taken a topographic survey from a consultant. I provided me a CAD file.
It has all req information but the contour lines are in 3D polylines and when i export to get the points of the elevations i'm not able to . Please hellp me with this. I'm attaching the file will the rest layers isolated only the contours are included.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: ADRooney

The first problem I see is that the elevations of the 3D polylines are 112.5' below what they are labeled.

I moved them up 112.5' then added the plines to a new surface as contours.

There may be some better methods, but that will get you going for now.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
jmayo-EE

If I can add to R.K's sound advise, next time see if the consultant can send you an xml file of the surface and save the time of trying to recreate their work. C3D, LDD and other civil apps will create these files. C3D will import this file with a few clicks and your EG is set and ready to go. You will also get a surface that matches the surveyors final product vs one that is interpolating all the data between the contours.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ADRooney
in reply to: rkmcswain

I didn't understand by the term 122' what does that mean and how to add a polyline when you reach that 122'. ??
please reply

Message 5 of 6
ADRooney
in reply to: rkmcswain

I didn't understand by the term 112.5' what does that mean and how to add a polyline when you reach that 112.5' ??
please reply

Message 6 of 6
rkmcswain

The polylines were 112.5 units (feet?) lower than they were annotated.

In other words, a polyline labeled 99.5 is drawn at an actual elevation of -13.0.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report