Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Lines not displaying correctly.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SSAuburn
2016 Views, 5 Replies

Contour Lines not displaying correctly.

What is the easiest way to correct contour lines when they don't display correct?   Adding points, deleting points, switching edges... 

See everything circled in orange on attached pdf.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
castled071049
in reply to: SSAuburn

Assuming that is a corridor-related berm you've created, it looks like you have some targeting issues, maybe? Hard to tell.

Message 3 of 6
SSAuburn
in reply to: castled071049

What do you mean by target issues?

Message 4 of 6
castled071049

For example, in the area marked "Two C Pipes", the contour issues look like the something is amiss, perhaps, with the berm grading back to existing grade? Lots of things can be causing your problem, I'm just guessing at one that might be a cause.

Message 5 of 6
jmayo-EE

If this is an exisitng topo or a feature line or a grading design I would be fixing the breaklines and/or removing the bum shots creating these issues. What I see in your file is what I see in our files when the surveyor used points in the surface for objects sticking out of the gound (or underground) like top of hydrants, top of headwalls, (pipe inverts) etc. or when breaklines are required but are not modeled.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

If you added contours to the surface definition I would make sure that you have the Minimize Flat Areas option checked. This should fix the errant contours going over the flat areas.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report