Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Labels

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DrWileFTracer
495 Views, 2 Replies

Contour Labels

I would like my contour labels to be on layers other than the default C-TOPO-TEXT layer.

In the appropriate "Command" settings under "Surface" on the Settings tab, I assigned styles I created (with specific layers for the major and minor contour labels) to the contour labelling defaults. When I add labels to the contours, however, they are still on the C-TOPO-TEXT layer. How do I get them to be on the layers I created.

TIA

Wilf

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: DrWileFTracer

Layers for labeling are handled in a two-tiered system. The layer you set in Drawing Settings, Object Layers tab, controls all TIN labels. If you freeze this, all TIN Surface labels will freeze.

Individual label styles also can have their own layer settings. If you leave the master layer thawed and on, you can freeze/off individual styles based on their layer.

Example: Master TIN Surface label layer is C-TOPO-TEXT. For contour labels, I use C-TOPO-CONT-LABL. For spot shots I use C-TOPO-SPOT-LABL. Freezing C-TOPO-TEXT freezes contour and spot labels. Freezing C-TOPO-CONT-LABL only freeze contour labels.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
DrWileFTracer
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks very much.

Wil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report