Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction Notes

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
kadeking
4343 Views, 32 Replies

Construction Notes

I am looking for a way to create a master list of construction notes then use blocks attributes with fields to link to that master list. That way if the master list changed the note bubbles would change as well.

Sheet sets are being used with this project but I can't think of a way to make it work with the existing sheet set technology.

I would appreciate any ideas that anyone has to offer.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
hawstom
in reply to: kbiggs

It's now free and going open source.cnm-demo-animated.gif

Message 22 of 33
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: hawstom

tell more 

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 23 of 33
hawstom
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks for asking! I think the community will be better off if CNM is free.

I started programming Construction Notes Manager 25 years ago. I am old enough now to do things like start a radical new form of company called NPS (for No owners, Part-time freelancers, and Small, Self-managi... and write only Free Libre Open Source Software. After long agonizing and coordination with other stakeholders, I have finally taken the first concrete step toward CNM FLOSS by notifying the major licensees that everybody now has my blessing to cancel out of nags. And today I am uploading the first nag-free version to the CNM web site as part of the process toward that.

Tom

Message 24 of 33
hawstom

The CNM source code is at github now: https://github.com/hawstom/cnm

I hope to continue publishing the setup executables here: http://constructionnotesmanager.com/download.htm

Message 25 of 33
hawstom

One last thing. Demo and training videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/c/TomHaws/search?query=CNM

Message 26 of 33
brandyrodriguez

Thank you. 

Message 27 of 33
brandyrodriguez

Thank you.
Message 28 of 33
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: kadeking

SSM needs global/local defined custom fields.
It’s doable but if you have a thousand notes not practal.
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 29 of 33
brandyrodriguez

Thank you Joseph, I have used custom fields before which worked great. I just found link from Tom Haws and I’m going to give it a try since it is free and downloadable now. Looks like what I used along time ago which is helpful because of the quantity functions I was hoping to find. 

I am really hoping Autodesk will add this to civil 3D as it is definitely needed. For now I will either use custom fields or maybe switch to the construction. Ores manager from Tom Haws. I seen the videos he posted that provided blocks a land lisps as well so I’m excited to give it a try. 

Message 30 of 33
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: brandyrodriguez

You know you can prepopulate Gen Notes in civil3ed template and if you edit the style the change is global and very global if reference template is used

JoeBouza_0-1674918939757.png

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 31 of 33
hawstom

Joe,

This is interesting; I would like to learn more and maybe try it out. I have some specific questions:

1. If I am doing a project of one sheet or 20 sheets in one DWG file or 20 DWG files, what do I do to type up my construction notes for that project? Where do I type my project construction notes?

2. Can I have several independently numbered shapes in a project?

3. Can I add up the note instances and quantities in the notes?

4. Is there a really good demo somewhere of how this works in the real world?

If these are answered in a help page or tutorial somewhere, please just give me the link(s).

Tom

Message 32 of 33
Joe-Bouza

Hi Tom

Based on you questions the C3D note may or may not be suitable.

a drawing template can be created that contains as many notes as you like but enumerating would be doable but not practical. same can be said for 2-4.

SSM save views would allow numbering and varied shapes but 1 number per project> not sure why a note would have multiple reference numbers.

Im afraid I do not understand your work flow completely.

Joe

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 33 of 33
hawstom
in reply to: kadeking

I'd still like to see what it can do. Are there videos of the work flow you have in mind? I pretty much programmed my typical work flow into CNM as shown in this 2:22 minute segment of this video. https://youtu.be/49cvLI28sb8?t=264

Here are all the CNM videos: https://www.youtube.com/@TomHaws/search?query=cnm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report