AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
BtimmermanMMS
Message 1 of 3 (342 Views)

Consecutive vertical curves - Civil 3D 2013

342 Views, 2 Replies
02-14-2013 03:37 PM

Can Civil 3D 2013 create consecutive vertical curves (FG) for the profile. I've had to resort to putting the 2nd vertical curve in with a .01 difference in length to have it be created. I have read some of the previous posts to this issue, but have NOT found a viable solution yet.

I would think with all the abilities of the software that this should be something that can be accomplished.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 3 (309 Views)

Re: Consecutive vertical curves - Civil 3D 2013

02-14-2013 10:20 PM in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

If you're trying to create back-to-back vertical curves by drawing a series of tangents and then adding two free curves then there's no tangent left between them for the curves to attach to and it's not going to work.  My solution was to use two fixed tangents, add one floating curve on the left side, and then add a free curve to finish it off.

Clipboard01.png

efrailing
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: Consecutive vertical curves - Civil 3D 2013

12-05-2013 09:24 AM in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

I found that if you create a curve slightly shorter than what you want (VPI where you want it, but have a curve length ~5-ft shorter), you can then use the grip editor to drag the curve to the proper length/have the next curve start exactly where the previous curve ended. Magically, your table editor will update correctly, even though it won't let you type those values in directly.

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-Bit
Intel Xeon @3.20 GHz
12 GB RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs