Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consecutive vertical curves - Civil 3D 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BtimmermanMMS
896 Views, 2 Replies

Consecutive vertical curves - Civil 3D 2013

Can Civil 3D 2013 create consecutive vertical curves (FG) for the profile. I've had to resort to putting the 2nd vertical curve in with a .01 difference in length to have it be created. I have read some of the previous posts to this issue, but have NOT found a viable solution yet.

I would think with all the abilities of the software that this should be something that can be accomplished.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

If you're trying to create back-to-back vertical curves by drawing a series of tangents and then adding two free curves then there's no tangent left between them for the curves to attach to and it's not going to work.  My solution was to use two fixed tangents, add one floating curve on the left side, and then add a free curve to finish it off.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
efrailing
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

I found that if you create a curve slightly shorter than what you want (VPI where you want it, but have a curve length ~5-ft shorter), you can then use the grip editor to drag the curve to the proper length/have the next curve start exactly where the previous curve ended. Magically, your table editor will update correctly, even though it won't let you type those values in directly.

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-Bit
Intel Xeon @3.20 GHz
12 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report