Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed Defect - Intersection Profile Locking

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fcernst
1565 Views, 5 Replies

Confirmed Defect - Intersection Profile Locking

When using Profiles from Corridor Feature Lines the Intersection Wizard produces the following message at the end of the process, and cannot lock the Secondary Profile to match the Primary Road Profile.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: fcernst

Fred

that's not exactly a confirmation,

I logged that once and it was eplained to me that the primary and secondary alignments should only have 1 layout profile associated with them, or something like that

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

This is definitely a Confirmed Defect that was produced and replicated by Autodesk this week. 

The situation your talking about is when a surface profile  (typically an inadvertently chosen EG profile) is used for a Primary and/or Secondary profile instead of a Layout profile. Then the Wizard will not lock those profiles because they could be subject to change when surface data is added or changed. This message will pop up as a warning to the User, and is valid in that case.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 6
bmvp
in reply to: fcernst

It also hapenning to me. I´m using rehab assembly in my intersection. I don't know how to fix this. Does anyone have any idea that may help me progress?

Thank you anyway.

Message 5 of 6
jacob.dwyer
in reply to: bmvp

Still an issue in 2017. The primary road profile shifted and the "dynamically linked" secondary road profile did not adjust to match it. I unlocked and attempted to re-lock the PVIs and received this message. The only fix I can find is recreating the intersection, which is a pain when I've already made the corridor.

13.5.1184.0 Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
T.114.0.0 AutoCAD 2023.1
HP Zbook G7 Laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16.0 gb
Message 6 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: jacob.dwyer

Still a problem in 2018. Might be worse, as I have to recreate my secondary profile after. It is getting flattened to zero elevation.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report