Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound cross-sections

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
206 Views, 3 Replies

Compound cross-sections

Is there any automated way in Civil 3D 2007 to create a compound cross-section view of multiple corridors. I need to create a single cross section view of two or more parallel corridors. The only way I managed to do that was to create surfaces from these corridors and include them on a sample line of the main corridor. The only setback of this method is that the details of the corridors' assemblies are not visible in the cross-section view except of the one of the main corridor. Any suggestions would be appreciated,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
T_Bernhard
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep, and the same thing happens when you use Offsets within an assembly, even if you only have one Corridor. It's been wished for before (well, I've hammered on about it a fair bit, so've others) but I don't know where it stands in terms of being produced by Autodesk.

Trevor
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the information Trevor. It is such a common task in the road design business that it is difficult for me to understand why it is not included in this latest version of Civil 3D. I cross my fingers for the next one, 2008 is not far away...If only you had an answer for the landXML export/import problem I recently posted in 10 or 11/12/2006
Message 4 of 4
T_Bernhard

Yeah, well, I can't understand it either, but there you have it.

Sorry, I know nearly nothing about XML 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report