Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sam.cutbirth
528 Views, 9 Replies

Command Line

I will continue to research this myself, but could anyone kindly tell me how to switch Civil 3D back to drawing in absolute coordinates at all times (even during the PLINE command!)?  And what would be a good reason for changing the default coordinate entry at the commandline from absolute to relative, anyhow?  Anyone from Autodesk?

Thanks,

Sam

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sam.cutbirth
in reply to: sam.cutbirth

DSETTINGS / DYNAMIC INPUT TAB / POINT INPUT

For anyone else out there confused as to why their PLINE command, among others, wouldn't work the same as it has for the past couple decades.

-

Message 3 of 10
albionpjl

What's changed about it?

I installed 2013 a couple of days ago and the comand PLine is working just as it always has since r12 DOS so far as I can see. (Apart from losing the ability to toggle between them with F6 several years ago).

Message 4 of 10
AllenJessup

Not sure what problem you're having or how it relates to the PLine command. But take a look at this image and see if it relates to your problem. As you'll see. The settings should be Cartesian format and Absolute Coordinates.

DI.PNG

If your problem is that these values change. Look into adding settings for DYNPIFORMAT and DYNPICOORDS. You can add these to your acaddoc.lsp as:

(SETVAR "DYNPIFORMAT" 1)

(SETVAR "DYNPICOORDS" 1)

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

This may be helpful. It doesn't apply directly to your problem (I don't think) but I just found it and realized that by setting COORDS to 2. I can get what I want to see.

COORDS

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
sam.cutbirth
in reply to: albionpjl

Try changing the setting I referenced.  Up until I installed 2012, if I feed (copy and paste from a .txt file) a 1000 point list of coordinates to the command line to draw a pline with 1000 vertices, I get a line with a corner at every coordinate listed in my file.  The coordinates respect the grid.  Now switch the control to "Relative," and Autocad plots the next coordinate with respect to the previous coordinate, instead of with respect to 0,0.

Message 7 of 10
sam.cutbirth
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen, thanks.  I have the right setting now.  It just suprises me to see that setting default to relative instead of absolute.

I assure you, in the past my out-of-the-box installation defaulted on absolute point entry as far back as I can remember.

Message 8 of 10
AllenJessup

You're welcome. I don't know if it was in 2012 or earlier I noticed it. But since I stuck the variable in the acaddoc.lsp it gets set each time. So I don't see it happen now.

Allen

It cracks me up that the spell check tries to change acaddoc.lsp to codswallop! Smiley Very Happy

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
albionpjl

It defaulted to absolute coords for me, out of the box.

But why copy paste from a txt file? If I have a lot of points to draw from a file, I change the extension to scr, add  _Pline

to the first line, save, and then type script in the Cad command line. Load the scr file and watch the line draw itself while I sip my coffee..

Message 10 of 10
sam.cutbirth
in reply to: albionpjl

Noted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report