Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining new survey points into an existing surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chamilton6969
348 Views, 2 Replies

Combining new survey points into an existing surface

Every week I recieve new survey data (typically around 20 points) to insert onto an existing surface of our local landfill.

The surface is displayed as minor and major contours.  The new survey data typically always has higher elevations then the exist surface and shot roughly 2 meters apart.

Here's my issue...when the survey data is inserted and the surface is rebuilt, the contours seem to turn into little cones at each new point.  Please see attached...

Deos anyone know how to eliminate these 'cones' so the surface contours seem more relistic?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: chamilton6969

A couple of things:You are mixing new data with old. if you have a set of old points and new points your surface is going to be a hodge-podge of data. If the new survey points are superceding the old, you need to remove the old from your working surface. Breaklines may also be needed.

Alternatively, you could start with a base surface, prior to any new survey data, and make new mini-surfaces (with breaklines and defined limits) to be pasted sequentially on top of the base to get the current surface.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 3
chamilton6969
in reply to: IanMcClain

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try it out.

I'm still use to LDD I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report