Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color and SHP files

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
M_RR
3077 Views, 21 Replies

Color and SHP files

Hi ! I am currently working from .shp files and trying to get a topographic map. So far I was able to import the files from a 2-D perspective then alter the property to specify my elevation. It worked fine and I now have a full map with lines that gives me a good topography. I would now wished to insert color by elevation and I find myself unable to do this. The zone (or maps) is not a " surface " and I was not able, unless I use the option " add data from drawing object " to convert all those lines into a surface. I do not like the option of " add data from drawing " because it looks terrible when I use it.

So, I tryed to use the layer option to specify the color / elevation but I did not find any option for this. Is there any way to solve this issue ? Should I use a different way to " create " my maps ?

The other problem I found when using the option " import file from GIS " was that my map was " okay " from a top viewing, showing all the polygone, but when I moved it on iso- view, I realise the map was not okay at all. In fact it was horrible as all the elevation were displayed on different level, thus producing many different draw from a front view for example. Is this caused by a bad .shp files or something I did with the GIS or is it from CAD ? 

Thanks !

Marc.

P.s. : I would eventualy like to inclued maps with the topographics thing, add streets and structure, draw my pipe-netowkrs on other layer level and also increase the data precision from fields measurement. Is all of this possible ? 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
KirkNoonan
in reply to: KirkNoonan

If you only want the contour lines to be different colors, then you need to use contours instead of elevations for your analysis. And, to head off the next question, in 'Contours' tab of the surface style, look under contour ranges and make sure that 'Use Color Scheme' is set to true

Message 22 of 22
M_RR
in reply to: M_RR

Oh I figured it out now. Thanks for the help !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report