Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cogo points rotated in paperspace

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DK311
2662 Views, 4 Replies

Cogo points rotated in paperspace

Hi All,

I have a dwg that looks great in modelspace, however I created a couple paperspace layouts and then used AlignSpace to rotate to those views. The problem is that my point label style rotates the point labels based on the alignspace rotation.

I looked into the point label settings and changed the orientation reference to the World Coord. Sys., but it does not help the points rotate correctly. (world reference is the goal)

Any thoughts? Please see attached images.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: DK311

Change orientation to "view" in label style
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5
DK311
in reply to: sjg

Changing to view does not fix...seems that the only way to have them rotate is to change the Dragged State Componets to "as composed" however, this ruins my leader attachment and places leader in awkward positions, which does not help beacause all points with that label style get the awkward leaders.

Message 4 of 5
trauch

Ok, what I had to do to work this problem out is simply RECREATE THE VIEWPORT from scratch, and set the rotation angle to what you want, and don't change it. The problem pops up if you have a viewport rotation angle and somewhere down the line you decide to modify if slightly. THAT is when things really start to weird out with your points display. After many hours of frustrating manipulations of point display angles in XREF's and in the base drawing, I finally decided to just create a new viewport from scratch and see what happens. Wa-La. Problem solved for me anyhow.
Message 5 of 5
JanardFugro

I think you have changed the point style orientation to "View" Actually you need to change the "Label Style" orientation to "View"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report