AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 11 of 15 (159 Views)

Re: Cogo point elevation precision/display from LDD to C3D

10-17-2012 06:59 AM in reply to: bcsurvey

You must be sure to Unblock the downloaded zip file before extracting the DLL, and it must be loaded from a local drive. Example for unblocking:

Unblock Zip file.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Valued Mentor
bcsurvey
Message 12 of 15 (154 Views)

10-17-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

I deleted all extracted data and returned to original downloaded .zip file.  Right-clicked, Properties, Unblocked.  Then extracted to a local directory and upon the NETLOAD command, navigating to the AeccDbCogoPointHelperSample.dll, loading it, returning to comand line and entering MOVE_POINT_LABEL, I get the attached error message, the bottom contents of which are copied and pasted here:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AeccDbCogoPointHelperMgd, Version=1.0.3675.19201, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'AeccDbCogoPointHelperMgd, Version=1.0.3675.19201, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at AeccDBCogoPointHelperSample.Commands.MovePointLabelCommand()
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

(I've deleted a bunch that were listed here but that I don't believe are relevant)

AeccDbCogoPointHelperSample
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/CAD%20Support%20files/AeccDbCogoPointHelperSample/AeccDbCogoPointHelperSample/bin/Debug/A...
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Just to be clear, what I'm trying to load IS compatible with C3D 2012?  Unless the intended outcome of the assembly is to accomplish what I mention in my previous post, I won't request any more feedback on this.  I don't want to take time away from other people's issues that might be more worthy of your expertise with the software.   

Thank you

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 Professional SP1
Dell Precision T1700
(i7 @ 3.40 GHz)
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K600
Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 13 of 15 (149 Views)

10-17-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

I am not sure if the routine is compatible with 2012. 

It is not a complete program.  It is merely an example that Tony whipped up to show how you can control the dragged location of a point label. 

To make this do what you want, there will be more coding involved. 

Stacy Dunn
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 14 of 15 (144 Views)

10-17-2012 08:17 AM in reply to: bcsurvey

As Stacy noted, this is just a sample program. It will not do what you are looking for directly. The error you are getting, I believe, is due to you not having extracted both dll's to the same location.

That being said, it runs fine in 2010, but it Fatal Errors everytime for me in 2012 but not always at the same place in the code. Sometimes I can select a point, but unles it is already in a dragged state it is not recognized as being selected so the command ends. Other times it will crash when selecting the point. And yet once it crashed as soon as I entered the command. 

All of that to say that No, it will not work for you in 2012 as is.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Valued Mentor
bcsurvey
Message 15 of 15 (141 Views)

10-17-2012 08:20 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Ahh, that clears things up a bit. I'm starting to feel as if we drafters without much (or any) coding knowledge are lame ducks for the batch of kids coming out of school these days. I fear the day US companies begin importing Asian and east European college grads in droves instead of investing in training for older workers who are "set in their ways". Hard to argue against paying 1/2 the wage to a twice-as-competent worker.  I GOTTA GET GOING WITH THIS STUFF (custom coding).  =)

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks to you both for your time!

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 Professional SP1
Dell Precision T1700
(i7 @ 3.40 GHz)
8GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K600

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs