Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cogo Points - Object naming defaults

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Jay_B
252 Views, 1 Reply

Cogo Points - Object naming defaults

I'm not finding where to change the default Description for Creating Cogo points by the Create Points-Alignments>At Alignment Geometry method

The last characters PC, PT RP etc. seem to be controlled by the Drawing Settings>Abbreviations but the Alignment name and stationing is what I'd like to eliminate from the description if possible.

Almost seems hard coded but hopefully I've been looking in the wrong places.

The descriptions are coming in like the caption whether I select Raw or Full description option.

In command settings for Point>Create Points>Points Creation>Prompt for descriptions>Automatic - Object is what I'm using.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is just PC, PT RP etc for description without the find / replace edits I'm currently doing in the exported ascii files.

cogo.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: Jay_B

I couldn't see an obvious way to change the Raw description being generated by the software, but I was able to create a Description Format that parses the parameters to show the Full Description the way I wanted it.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report