Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Sets

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Nik-D
497 Views, 14 Replies

Code Sets

Hi all

How do I specify the code set to be used on subassemblies when creating an intersection? I want to specify this in a command setting so that the intersection is built correctly without me having to edit feature lines in the corridor properties for th intersection.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Nik

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Nik-D

I have not confirmed this but... the intersection tool is creating a corridor. I would look in the command settings for corridors as per the attachment. You can't see  the Toolspace tabs in the attachment but this is the Settings tab of course.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Nik-D
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi John, I tried that. Infact I changed evey single command in the corridors to the code set that I wanted but to no avail. Each time the intersection is created it uses the standard.  The obvious workaround to this is to change the standard template but I would rather have this work as it should with a code set that I specify.

Message 4 of 15
Joe-Bouza

I think the code set for corridors and intersetion are directed to in the assembly creation.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
jmayo-EE

Did you check all of the Assembly and Subassembly command settings as Joe pointed out? There are more code set defaults in those trees.Re: Code Sets

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
Nik-D
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes I added the code set to all the items i could find and it still will not update a new intersection with he code sets that I want. This is becomming very frustrating. Why cant C3D have a option for which code set you want to use when you create a new corridor or intersection in the same way that you can specify which assembly you want to use?

.....or maybe I am doing something really dumb??

Nik

Message 7 of 15
fcernst

...without me having to edit feature lines ...

This is a defect. You can specifY a default Code style in the Command Settings, but it won't honor your Feature Line settings within that Code Set upon new Corridor creations!!!

Very, very frustrating...Please give feedback to the Civil 3D team on this...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 15
Nik-D
in reply to: fcernst

I can get the corridors to build using the code sets that I want but not the intersections.

Nik

Message 9 of 15
BrianHailey

As a work around, you can create a corridor in your template that is set up the way you need it and then delete all the baselines within that corridor. Now, when you create your intersection, add it to that corridor rather than craeting a new one.

Not positive this will work but it should.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 15
Nik-D
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hi Brian, I will try this tomorrow when i get back to work and let you know how i get on. Its just so annoying i cannot find where the setting is as i am sure there mus be one.

Nik

Message 11 of 15
BrianHailey

@Nik-D wrote:

Hi Brian, I will try this tomorrow when i get back to work and let you know how i get on. Its just so annoying i cannot find where the setting is as i am sure there mus be one.

Nik

I've thought that many times and have been disappointed. Often times though, I've responded to posts, "Nope, that setting isn't there" and have been corrected because the developers has added that setting.

I would recommend posting this to the wishes group.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 15
fcernst

As a work around, you can create a corridor in your template that is set up the way you need it and then delete all the baselines within that corridor. Now, when you create your intersection, add it to that corridor rather than craeting a new one.

???

When you choose not to create a new Corridor, and instead choose to add the Intersection to the existing Corridor, the new Intersection is created by simply adding new Baselines to the existing Corridor, and the Corridor Code Set style remains the same.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 13 of 15
BrianHailey
in reply to: fcernst

fcernst wrote:

When you choose not to create a new Corridor, and instead choose to add the Intersection to the existing Corridor, the new Intersection is created by simply adding new Baselines to the existing Corridor, and the Corridor Code Set style remains the same.

Exactly. So, in the template, create an "intersection corridor" set up with the code set you want it to display when you create an intersection. When you create the intersection, choose to add the intersection to that corridor and it will display the way it's set up in the template without having to change anything.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 14 of 15
fcernst

That's not very elegant. You would always have the overhead of the unused Corridor carried around in the drawing until it may, or may not ever be needed.

Typical workflow is just adding the intersections to a built Corridor.

Sent from my iPhone

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 15 of 15
fcernst

You have some ZERO length, and 1' length Regions in the E-W corridor that can be removed.

You can remove that entire N-S Baseline from the E-W corridor.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report